<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 02, 2005

This is a desktop (reduced in size) I made from one of the pictures from when I (and the rest of the band) went to the recording studio in Montreal. I think it is really cool, of course I'm a bit biased because I made it and took the picture to begin with. It has meaning for me, like a good piece of artwork (I'm not comparing this to any great works, don't worry).



I explained it in this way recently to someone via an MSN conversation. She didn't get it. Perhaps my explanation was not clear:

The subject is the only thing in the picture we can definine, yet it is the only thing that is blurry. The swirls of nothing are clearly defined. This seems to suggest that though we can clearly see definition in them, this doesn't convey meaning and that meaning itself is subjective and not dependant on clarity. The fact that the guitarist has no face or fingers accents this point.

Reading it again, I understand it isn't all that clear.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter