<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Just got back from the recording studio in Montreal. It was a fun weekend and we got one song done and recorded properly. We went up on Friday evening and decided to get started early on it. We recorded the drum track (which eventually had to be redone because it was wrong), the bass track (mine, this one only took about 20 minutes and 2 takes) some of the guitar tracks (there ended up being 3 or 4 in the end) and Mekashef's 2 voice parts that night before going to bed. This morning we laid down the rest of the guitar, the violin (for which there was much trouble and agonizing over but eventually turned out pretty good, I think) and the second voice. A piano bit was debated but discarded because it interfered with the second violin bit. I can't wait to hear the final mixed and mastered version.

I am a bit sick with some form of mutant cold/cough/infection that either Ilana or Oliver or both gave to me. It is making my hearing sound muffled. For the first two days I was smelling vomit all the time even though there was clearly none around to be whiffed. Consequently, I didn't sleep well, and had locked myself off in a separate room so as to protect the others from the potential contagion and the unavoidable noise with which I was bound to cause. Meds helped. A lot.

A new technique of playing the theramine was concieved of but will not mentioned in this blog because as Ilana's Mom so kindly put it, "I thought this was a family blog!"

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter