<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Scenario: A man, about 65-70 years old with greying hair and a heavily lined face stands up to the microphone before the congregation of his local church. He is reading from the book and appears to be a bit nervous or shifty, impossible to tell which from my vantage point. He is stepping from foot to foot as he speaks the words, not too loudly; more as a timid would talk to a woman he has never before met. He is reading, "... the sacred sacrifice of the virgin ... uh, I mean Virgil..." Interesting thing to accidentally say in his position. I wonder if that’s how it was back in the day. Almost as good as the time the speaker randomly opened the bible and read the first verse he saw which happened to be Judges 16:1 (If you don't have a bible around leave me a message in the comments and I'll post what it says). A man sitting in the pew in front of me, he happens to be my regular pastor, turns around and whispers to me, "I wonder how many of these Virgils they have." Interesting service.



|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter