<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, October 22, 2004

This town is a horrible place for bikes and those that ride them. First, my bike The Beast breaks. Then, the bike I had been riding since the broken bike had become unusable becomes unsafe to ride. That brings us to when I got The Beast repaired. Since then, I have nearly been run over by a truck twice (both not my fault, the truckers sort of eased me into the sidewalk which causes the tires to jump and me to lose control of both the bike and the bowels (nearly, it is terrifying to have an 18 wheeler going quite fast half a metre from your face while you have no control of your bike). This morning, after a very fun breakfast with Ryan (who is leaving for Europe tomorrow for a year), Snowman, G spot and Senor Soup (who I called at 6:45 and told him to meet us there. Needless to say he was not very happy about that but was surprisingly not as surly as I thought he would be) at a nearly impossible (for me) seven in the morning, I go outside to find my rear tire had flattened itself. Completely. No air left at all. So, what did I do? I left it at the Senor's house and had coffee in the Green Room. For those of you who don't know what that is, I will now explain. It is a room in the drama building, accessed to from a green hallway and consists of a lot of green furniture arranged around a semi central table (not green and that is probably a good thing). This is where all the drama people hang out and smoke, mostly because it is the only place inside and on campus that you are allowed to smoke. I hung out there for a few hours and drank some horrid coffee (I don't like coffee to begin with, but it wakes you up, which is what I was going for at the time) and generally had a good time telling jokes and stories and making fun of things that we really shouldn't be making fun of. So, that was my morning, and a good one I thought. Later I will go and learn to curl because apparently I am signed up for a tournament and I have no idea how to play. It seems like a good idea that I should learn beforehand so I have no excuse for making a fool of myself, something that would seem is inevitable, especially since the game as I see it will be very long and boring. Amusement will be had by all; I'm sure, except for those who have no sense of humour. After that I will hang around until band practice where we will play the uber trio and try to make sense of it. I hope you have an excellent day as I will have by the end of it.

Quote of the day: (said by Senor Soup during breakfast) "I didn't stab you guys that much..."


Song of the day: Lovin Is What I Got by Sublime


Summary in seven words: Bike, breakfast, green room, my immediate future.


|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter