<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 27, 2004

I have been informed of a new (to me) band that has a similar configuration as Doppelganger Effekt. This may not seem all that significant, but there are few bands that play acoustic folk semi-metal as it is, never mind with the same instruments. These guys are quite a bit different in style from us, but they are interesting to listen to. The best part of their music is the violin, in my opinion, and also the subject matter is quite rare for some songs. For instance, they have a song about an alien coming from outer space and trying to convince a little boy to go get him some brains to eat, or another about a vampire club being crashed by a bunch of pirates and the massive ensuing fight. Anyways, give them a listen if you like, and if you know of any other bands, besides Bush (X), leave me a note in the comments. If you are reading this, mention something about the invasion by the Americans on the penguin headquarters in Baffin Island in the comments.
I got a package slip on my door this morning, so you know what that mean ... I am getting my bass tomorrow! Well, probably. It could be the textbook I ordered, but I think that it is my bass. I have already several people who want to jam with me once I get it (i.e. sometime after tomorrow) despite the fact that I can't play the instrument yet. Mind you, I don't think it will take that long to get the hang of it.

My grandparents are flying in tomorrow, also, from Winnipeg. I haven't seen them for about a year and a half, so it will be nice to see them again. I don't know how long they are staying, or what they will do once they get here, but I am still looking foreward to it.

I went to a concert last night where a great tenor (I know, oxymoron) sang (its what usually happens at this type of concert). I have never seen/heard anyone put so much emotion into German lyrics. The best was the song about the guy wishing he was a fish so that he could be caught ... or something like that. Anyways, after the show, Oliver, Ilana and I played some frisbee. It was quite fun, but Ilana's head wasn't really into it (or rather it was as you will see from reading the words to follow the ending bracket) and the frisbee hit her in the face three times. Then we decided it was a good idea to climb some of the trees on campus, but we couldn't reach any of the branches, except me for one tree where I had to run up the trunk and jump to catch a branch. Once I was up in the tree I couldn't really think of anything to do, so I jumped down and that was the end of that chapter. No birds, abnormally large Bishops squirls or other living things were harmed (with the possible exception of Ilana) during the night.
Farewell for the moment and try to stay sane.

Summary in seven words: Stuff that is/has/will be happening.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter