<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

The conversation I had with the nurse at the blood donor clinic:

Nurse: "Is this your first time giving blood?"
Me: "Yes."
N: "Are you nervous?"
Me: "Yes."
N: "Why?"
Me: "Well, I think that getting stabbed in the arm and then having someone collect the fluid that comes out of the wound is a little odd."
N: *blank stare* "My hanglish is not so good, but I will try to speak it anyways because it is ... how do you say ... whats the word ... umm ... good practice?"
Me: "Ok."
N: "I need to take a blood sample to see if you have enough iron."
...

It wasn't that bad, I mean aside from the searing pain and the needlessly long needle they insist on covering up even though the covering falls off after the first spasm. Just kidding. Thats all for now. My grandparents are here and they want me to beat them at Scrabble.

Summary in seven words: Giving blood for the first time ever.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter