<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Yesterday in Quebec city was fun. We left here at about 7 because it is a three hour drive to get there, quite a long time with five people squished into our little car. There was a festival going on all week called 'Festival d'été de Québec', which means 'Summer Festival of Quebec'. This meant that a large part of the population were dressed up in the costume of the European settlers (more often the aristocracy, because seriously, who wants to dress as a farmer?) of a time quite long ago, I would say 1700's but I may be wrong as I don't claim to be an expert. I took many interesting pictures.

We took a walking tour of the old walled city; interesting, tour guide was quite knowledgeable and I learned a few things that I didn't know before. We ate at a great restaurant called Crepe Breton that served the most delicious crepes you will ever eat. Ever. Don't order their ice tea, though, as it tastes quite odd.

I did something I thought I would never do yesterday. I tried one of those new Oral-B Brush-Ups. My slightly larger than average hands had only one finger that could fit into the, or what seemed to me to be, slightly smaller than seemed was right hole for your finger. The two girls I was with didn't seem to have any trouble with them at all, however, so I think these things are made and marketed towards the fairer of the genders. The only finger that would fit into the hole was my pinky. This, you can imagine, made for some interesting brushing, if you could call it that The actual thing is a pad about the size of half my pinky, that is to say that it may very well be the full size of yours, with tiny soft bumps and some toothpaste type of stuff made into it that tasted quite good, but as far as I could tell, did little else. I won't be trying them again, unless someone gives me one and it would be rude to refuse, then I would try another one, but only to be polite.

I tried my hand at night photography for the first time last night. I don't expect for most of them to turn out, but I do have hopes. I wasn't prepared as I was not expecting to try it, so I didn't have a tripod with me. The pictures will be getting developed today sometime, and I am eager to see how they turned out.

Quote of the day (yesterday): 'This ice tea tastes like horse!' - Me at the Crepe Breton

Summary in seven words: Quebec City: walking tour, crepes, night photography.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter