<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Quote of yesterday (while watching floor excercize): If she had a samurai sword she would be unbeatable.

I watched Hero yesterday. The first third to half was quite amazing and very impressive, but then somehow it became dissapointing in my opinon. I completely blame the media on this one. Their previews of this movie show nothing but action and insane swordplay when that isn't what the movie is supposed to be about. I went in expecting something completely different than what was shown to me and I end up wondering where the scenes I saw in the previews were. Typical of Hollywood these days unfortunately. They did the same thing for The Last Samurai. From now on, I will try not to watch any previews, trailers or anything else of the sort because they are no longer accurate and can actually ruin important plot development points (eg. the Lord of the Rings - Two Towers preview showing Gandalf alive and well).

If you want to see Jet Li in more loose and humorous role, try watching Fong Sai-Yuk. In this movie, he is quite similar to Jackie Chan in many ways. I enjoyed the movie, though didn't understand the opening sequence at all.

Summary in seven words: I have become entranced by Asian movies.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter