<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, June 20, 2004

I just came back from voting in a municipal referendum. This was about an issue that I couldn't care less about, whether our town de-merges from the mega-town that it was just joined to. I was all geared up for drawing a stick man with a T-shirt saying "Chicks Dig Unix" on it and writing in small letters near the bottom something along the lines of "If you are close enough to read this, you now have SARS", but they made the ballot paper black and gave only a graphite pencil to mark on it with. Now how am I supposed to make a mockery of the whole voting system if they are going to be like that and make it so difficult. Sure, I could have still done it, but what is the point if you know that no one is going to see it? So I ended up just randomly choosing one of the two options (I think it was no. It was the bottom one in any case.).

Summary in seven words: Why make it on black paper? Why?

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter