<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 15, 2004

I went to a show last night Featuring The Ranting Parrots, well, they were the warm-up band and that's who I went to see. They were great even though their drummer was stricken with a bad case of broken ankle and so not able to play. It was just the two guitarists and their acoustics for this show, which was very fine by me as they were great. Having said this, I must add that they did do a cover of I Believe in a Thing Called Love by The Darkness and that the general consensus is that any man who can sing this song properly (which he surprisingly did, reached all the high notes with apparent ease) has to have been castrated at one point in his life in order to do so.

The other band (the new dimension or something like that, I don't really care) had amazing musicians (especially guitarist but perhaps I'm a bit biased on that one) but the singer was acting like a moron the whole time. I did enjoy laughing at their idea of stage presence though. They only played covers of the oldies with songs like Foxy Lady, Highway to Hell, Smoke on the Water, Random Rolling Stones songs, etc. that got old, at least for me pretty quickly.

Summary in seven words: Watching old, pot-bellied performers is very funny.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter