<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 11, 2004

I just watched a discussion, via satellite in typical newsy program fashion, about those two islands in the Caribbean, Turks and Caicos, and I must say that I am completely for the idea if they are for it. Our two leaders are supposed to have talks sometime soon to discuss things (who knows what that actually means). There was one lady in the discussion who was all heated in her arguments, which may be the reason that they made little sense, who kept interrupting people, even yelling. That is not the way it should be done and more than once she was told to keep quiet and let the others speak (which I found very funny). It irks me when people are so opinionated about something that they feel the need to behave rudely, obnoxiously and irrationally towards the other members of the discussion (I was amazed at how loaded some of the questions she had for the others were).

I see it this way: If they want to join our great country, let them. It would be great to have a tropical province to vacation in (no currency conversions, no exhaustive security checks, no passports ...), and all but one of the people I have discussed it with agree. This particular person has supposedly been there and reports that it is just a hunk of coral in the middle of the ocean. To that I say, at least it is a hot piece of coral with beaches and water above ten degrees! I would only be in favour if the people of Turks and Caicos want to go through with it. It would be a challenge, but a rewarding one in my view. If you know something about this that I don't, please let me know.

Summary in seven words: Turks and Caicos joining, perhaps. Sam -> Beach.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter